Groom’s ’dumb’ act leaves bride livid
AS THE saying goes, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
Perhaps it wasn't this groom-to-be's intention to return from his bucks party injured, but he copped an earful from his furious fiancée when she noticed he had two burnt hands.
The Canadian bride took to Facebook hoping friends and family could share
"words of wisdom" to get her through the next few days as their wedding is on Saturday.
"My fiancé came home from his bachelor party weekend at a cabin … He had severely burned both of his hands," she wrote in the post.
"We ended up being at the hospital for five-and-a-half hours last night getting him treated. We are getting married this Saturday.
"Here is a picture of one of his hands all bandaged up. Any advice or words of wisdom in how to get through the next few days as well as the wedding day."
She said one her bridesmaids suggested she post online "because she's sure some of you must have similar stories".
And that's exactly what happened with more than 100 people offering words of support, while others shared similar, crazy experiences.
While it's unclear how the incident unfolded, many speculated it may have involved a campfire, gasoline or fireworks, The Sun reported.
"My husband's cousin at his bachelor party burned a good bit of his body. Some idiot threw the gas can in the bonfire and it blew up and the fire went right on him," one woman revealed.
"Poor thing looked horrible at the wedding but he made it to his wedding, in horrible pain but he made it lol (sic)."
Another questioned why his mates left him in that state and hadn't taken him to hospital, while others suggested that perhaps he was getting "cold feet".
"This screams cold feet to me. I feel bad for them both actually. But I've also worked a few bachelor parties so I can't say I'm surprised.'
Another wasn't surprised, sharing her experience of how she was "'completely sober" when accidentally burning her hand "so imagine how dumb people can be when alcohol is added".
The man's current situation is unclear, but here's hoping he makes it to the wedding.
In a similar case, Sunshine Coast father and footballer Tim Cornthwaite was on his bucks party when he suffered multiple neck fractures during a freak accident while celebrating with friends on the Gold Coast.
He was blindfolded standing up and fell forward into a children's pool. The awkward landing resulted in multiple neck fractures.
He was also days away from getting married, and while he went ahead with the ceremony, he and his now wife Chloe Zammit had to delay the reception six months for him to recover.