Top doctor honoured to be voted Coast’s favourite
THE Sunshine Coast's top-rated GP says it's an honour to have two out of three doctors at her boutique practice listed in the region's favourite 10.
More than 100 people have voted for their favourite medical practitioner after the Daily put a call out as part of its Best of the Sunshine Coast series.
Dr Nicola Kettleton-Butler of Saltwater Medical at Caloundra took out the number one spot, receiving an enormous amount of praise from her loyal patients.
"She listens and is your advocate," Belinda Turnbull said.
Dr Kettleton-Butler is the principal partner and co-founder of Saltwater Medical, and has been practising on the Coast for a number of years.
She said it was "unexpected, but lovely to hear" that she had been voted the region's number-one doctor.
"It's very lovely to have such positive feedback from our patients and to have people valuing what we do," she said.
Saltwater Medical has two out of its three GPs featured in the top 10 doctors on the Sunshine Coast, with Dr Cass Wys taking out fifth place in the voting.
"Two out of three, that's not bad," Dr Kettleton-Butler said.
"The whole idea of opening Saltwater Medical was to do things differently and to build a practice that really resonates with the community.
"Want to be known as a practice that really cares and goes above and beyond."
Dr Kettleton-Butler said it was great to see the boutique practice recognised for providing "exceptional health care without compromise".
Top ten Sunshine Coast GPs:
- Dr Nicola Kettleton-Butler, Saltwater Medical
- Dr Roger Morris, Medicine on Second
- Dr Sebastiaan Lambooy, Nambour Family Medicine
- Dr Michael Walsh, Coastal Family Health
- Dr Cass Wys, Saltwater Medical
- Dr Mark Bown, Lake Kawana General Practice
- Dr David Gillis, Ann Street Family Medicine
- Dr Kiet Luu, Wise Road Medical Centre
- Dr Trudy Honore, Warana Medical Centre
- Dr Brendan Meagher, Maroochydore 7 Day Medical Centre