TAB meeting postponed due to 'waterlogged and squelchy' track

20th March 2017 2:15 PM
UPDATED 21st March 7:00 AM
Adam Hourigan

TUESDAY - 7am: Two areas of the Coffs Harbour racetrack that are "waterlogged and squelchy" has seen today's TAB meeting postponed.

Stewards inspected the track this morning and found two areas of concern on the track after 353mm of rain had fallen on it over the past seven days.

The home turn and the area between the 1200m mark and the 800 metre mark were of most concern to stewards who watched two horses gallop around the track as part of their assessment.

MONDAY - 2.15pm: Stewards will make a final decision on whether or not tomorrow's Coffs Harbour race meeting will go ahead in the morning.

Over the past week 350mm of rain has fallen on the track which is currently rated a Heavy10.

A section between the 1200m -1000m is very heavy, however, there is no surface water present.

Latest reports say the track is continuing to drain well and with no further rain the club is hopeful of racing tomorrow.

Two horses will gallop in the presence of the Stewards at 6.30am tomorrow to determine the fate of the meeting.