Driver then passenger busted for allegedly drink-driving
TWO Maryborough men could be feeling like extras from the movie Dumb and Dumber To after the driver of a car and his passenger were both charged with drink-driving on Friday.
About 1pm on Friday a man, 57, was stopped by police for a random breath test.
The man allegedly returned a reading of .079%.
Police say the man's passenger took the driver's seat, and drove around the corner before he was also pulled over.
The 38-year-old man allegedly returned a blood alcohol reading of .051%.
The two men will appear in Maryborough Magistrates Court at a later date.
A woman was also charged with drink-driving in Maryborough on Friday.
She allegedly returned a blood-alcohol reading of .128% about 12.45am while driving along Amity St.
Don't drink and drive
- Be aware you could still be over the limit the next morning if you drank alcohol the night before
- If you are going to drink alcohol, plan how you will get home
- Don't offer an alcoholic drink to someone you know is planning to drive
- Choose a designated driver before you go out
- Don't be afraid to take someone's car keys if you're concerned they have been drinking and may drive
- Call a taxi or Dial a Driver
- Be aware that trying to ensure you're under the limit by counting drinks isn't foolproof