ETC building given the all clear by firefighters
NOON: ETC has been handed back to its occupants after NSW Fire and Rescue deemed it safe.
Coffs Harbour NSW Fire and Rescue station officer Simon Busby said the smoke was thought to have come from a faulty air-conditioning motor.
"Technicians are there sorting it out," Mr Busby said.
Mr Busby said all air-conditioning motors were checked for heat and given the all clear.
"Crews did an excellent job and kept the public safe," he said.
ORIGINAL 11.21AM: ENTERPRISE and Training Company has been evacuated after smoke was reported coming from the ceiling.
Two NSW Fire and Rescue crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the building on Grafton St at about 11am.
A witness said the ETC building was currently undergoing renovations and smoke was seen coming from a vent.
Dozens of people, who evacuated the building, have gathered in Cox Lane.